Collagen Peptide: Unflavored | Hydrolyzed Bovine Collagen
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Collagen peptides are small pieces of animal collagen. Collagen can’t be absorbed in a whole form. It has to be broken down into smaller peptides or amino acids. Oral collagen supplements come in the form of pills and powders. Collagen peptides are absorbed through your gastrointestinal tract.
Collagen can’t be measures but there are signs that your collagen level is decreasing. These signs and symptoms include:
- Skin that’s wrinkled, crepey or sagging.
- Hallowing in and around your eyes and face.
- Shrinking, weakening muscles and muscle aches.
- Stiffer, less flexible tendons and ligaments.
- Joint pain or osteoarthritis due to worn cartilage.
- Loss of mobility due to joint damage or stiffness.
- Gastrointestinal problems due to thinning of the lining of your digestive tract.
- Problems with blood flow.
Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body. It accounts for about 30% of its total protein. Collagen is the primary building block of your body’s skin, muscles, bones, tendons and ligaments and other connective tissues. It’s also found in your organs, blood vessels and intestinal lining.
- Helping fibroblasts to form in your dermis (middle skin layer), which helps new cells grow.
- Playing a role in replacing dead skin cells.
- Providing a protective covering for organs.
- Giving structure, strength and elasticity to your skin.
- Helping your blood to clot.
The few such studies that have been done have found that collagen peptides are possibly effective for improving skin hydration and skin elasticity. It’s also possibly effective for relieving pain and improving joint function in people.
Dermaval® supports the body's collagen levels and delivers pro-collagen nutrients that contribute to our natural collagen production. Collagen and elastin are key proteins which protect skin shape and structure. When pro-inflammatory enzymes are activated, collagen and elastin begin to break down, impacting skin health and appearance.
A single, 50mg low dose of Dermaval® in human participants showed a statistically significant inhibition activity of elastase by 31% and gelatinase by 98% — supporting collagen from within.
Astrion™ is a patented and clinically-studied vegan collagen synthesis cosmeceutical ingredient purified from Astragalus membranaceus and Centella asiatica to enhances collagen synthesis and hyaluronic acid. By enhancing hyaluronic acid absorption, it will give your skin a boost in hydration, increasing firmness for a more supple appearance, and revitalize your skin with fewer wrinkles and more moisture — clinical dosage of Astrion™ is 250mg.
Hyaluronic (pronounced hi-ah-lew-ron-ic) acid — also known as hyaluronan or hyaluronate — is a gooey, slippery substance that your body produces naturally. Scientists have found hyaluronic acid throughout the body, especially in eyes, joints and skin.
- Hyaluronic acid helps your joints work like a well-oiled machine, it prevents pain and injury from bones grinding against each other.
- Hyaluronic acid is very good at retaining water, a quarter-teaspoon of hyaluronic acid holds about one and a half gallons of water. That’s why hyaluronic acid is often used for treating dry eyes. It’s also used in moisturizing creams, lotions, ointments and serums.
- Hyaluronic acid helps skin stretch and flex and reduces skin wrinkles and lines. Hyaluronic acid is also proven to help wounds heal faster and can reduce scarring.
The word “biotin” comes from the ancient Greek word “biotos,” which means “life” or “sustenance” B vitamins, and specifically biotin, help keep your skin, hair, eyes, liver, and nervous system healthy. Biotin, also known as vitamin H, biotin is one of the 8 B complex vitamins that are water-soluble, and play an important role in converting carbohydrates, fats and proteins into energy. It also helps your body’s cells function well. Biotin is essential, which means you can’t live without it.